- Job Posted on:
- November 03 2021/
DZ Truck Driver / Yard Person
- Full Time
- St George
- Posted 3 weeks ago
- Salary: $22.00/hr
- Positions: 1
- Experience: Yes
- Languages: English
- Background Check: No
- Protective Gear: Yes
- Lifting Requirements: Yes up to 50lbs unassisted
- Shifts: Days
- Skills: 2 Years DZ Truck Driving Experience
What’s In It For You:
·Mondays through Fridays
·start time is 7:00am to 3:30pm
·Clean Drivers Abstract and CVOR – 30 days current
·Paid Weekly – Direct Deposit
·Must have 2 years DZ Driving Experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate will perform yard duties and periodically make deliveries in a company stake truck.
Supports and assists the sales function by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets and trucks by hand and/or forklift. Installs strapping to prevent shifting or damage of material in transit.
· Lifts heavy objects and cleans work area, machines and equipment.
· Performs miscellaneous yard material handling and inventory functions as directed.
· Maintains truck log, according to Provincial and Federal Regulations.
· Inspects truck equipment and supplies
· Makes local deliveries in a company stake truck
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Driver’s License, DZ License with a good driving record
Lift truck experience is preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move heavy objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment for this job requires the person to work outdoors to load and unload trucks in all weather.
Drivers to deliver within a 200 kilometer range