We are currently looking for AZ drivers, day shift , to work at various carriers doing LTL, general freight deliveries in and around London and south western Ontario.
There will be some handbomb, but most pallet jack and tailgate work. Some deliveries have docks, others do not.
Tight spots to back into and some transportation of dangerous goods.
$22.00 – $24.00 / hour Monday – Friday day shift.
Driver must work on payroll
- Minimum 2 full years verifiable driving experience
- (some carriers insurance needs 3 full years)
- Acceptable CVOR and Driver Abstracts
- Ideally, be able to drive a manual transmission truck
- Be a team player with a positive attitude
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s licence in good standing
- Must speak, write and read in English
- (In some cases) A clean criminal search report, current to 30 days
- Good working knowledge of legislation relating to commercial transport activity
What’s in it for you:
- the opportunity to work at various carriers in South Western Ontario
- 24/7 dispatch
- weekly pay by direct deposit, no hold back
- safe, friendly work environment
- Perform thorough pre-trip inspections
- Operate in a safe manner consistent with all company and MTO requirements
- Transport freight to and from customer locations
- Complete daily road sheets and maintain log books
- Communicate and coordinate daily activities with dispatcher
- Accurately complete all paperwork requirements
- Oversee the condition of the vehicle, inspect tires, lights and brakes